Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Life of Art and Design

I've always been an artist. In the first grade, my painting was selected to hang in the window of a local bank. When my Dad came home with a new Totes umbrella in an acrylic rectangular box, I thought the package design was so cool, I hung it from my ceiling.

In High School, I was the Arts Editor of New Youth Connections. I wrote articles about making hats and beaded jewelry. I spent hours at my desk at night beading jewelry. I took sculpture and metal jewelry making. I was an Arts & Crafts counselor for a couple of years during High School.

After college, I took painting and illustration classes with Ann Jangigian in Flushing, Queens. I wrote and illustrated a children's book, and painted in oil, acrylic, and watercolors. My watercolors hang all over my house now. I love photography and have taken thousands of pictures.

I took pottery classes at The Potter's Wheel (one of the first websites I designed and volunteered to do) and my house is filled with the cookie jars, mugs, and vases that I threw. My shelves hold the beautiful plates and bowls that I've made that I use every day.

In 2000, I took web design classes, and I began my new career. I quit my job in June of 2000, and became a work-at-home mom to my precious son, Joshua.

Ever since I was a kid, I ripped out of magazines great pictures. Ever since I became a web designer, I started a folder called, "Nice Designs" for pictures from newspapers and magazines, and I bookmark the websites that I like.

This blog will share with you nice designs and why I think they are so nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home