Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Snazzy Design with Bold Colors


Out of Eden Soaps


I have a lot of sites bookmarked under my "Nice Designs" folder and whenever I have a site to design, I look at these sites for ideas. Sometimes it's the colors that I like, or the navigation structure, or the layout.

I can't say I've ever designed a site quite as bold as this one, although I designed The Theresa Foundation four years ago and the childish theme is similar.

What I like about this site is how bright and bold and different it is. It jumps out at you. It's happy. It's whimsical. It's very inviting. I'm posting this even though it competes with my own handmade soap site, Basics Body Care, because it's a great site.

I love the animated gif on the bottom left, and the border, and even the loud background works. Check out the rollover links on the left. How cool is that? Did you rollover seasonal?

Now, I'm not saying anything about usability here, which is integral to an overall good web design. I didn't test this site or even check out many pages. When I think a site has a great design, I'm talking about my first impression - the general feeling I get when I visit the site.

The only design issue I have with this site is that the text is centered and it should be aligned left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home